Starting in Safetica 8.3, you can choose to manage Application Control and Web Control from WebSafetica instead of Safetica Console. The new design was prepared in close cooperation with our customers and gives you better control of what rules are applied to which departments or stations.
Due to the different configuration logic, it is not possible to control these features simultaneously from both consoles. When you enable Application and Web Policies in WebSafetica, you will be prompted whether you want to import your existing settings. If you decide to revert back to using Safetica Console, your old configuration will be available again.
How to set Application control from Safetica console:
- Open Safetica Console.
- Go to Supervisor - Web control.
- Make sure you are in Settings mode (the cog icon in the left part of the window above user tree is active)
- Set Mode to Deny list, and then click Add rule.
- Select Server address, Categories or IP Address at the top, based on what criteria you want to use to block the website.
- Click Add, and then type the address, IP address or select the category to be blocked.
- Click OK to add the rule to the list.
- Fill in program name, and then click the [...] button to browse to the file, or to select the application category to be blocked.
- Click Next, configure Time effect if needed, and then click Finish.
How to set Web control from WebSafetica you can find here: Websites & Applications policies