Information in this article applies to Safetica ONE 10 or older.
Download the Safetica installer (download link will be provided by your Safetica partner or distributor). Then run the downloaded file on the server and choose the installer language.
Automatic server installation
If you do not have an existing Microsoft SQL server, use the Automatic installation. Microsoft SQL Express server will be automatically installed and configured during the installation process. This type of installation is suitable for up to 200 clients; for more clients it's required to have a full Microsoft SQL Server due to performance and size limits of the Microsoft SQL Express database.
Follow these steps if you selected Automatic installation:
- Confirm the license agreement and hardware requirements by clicking Next.
- On the Ready to install screen, tick the checkbox for Microsoft SQL Server license terms.
- Click Install to start the process. Note: This process can take up to one hour, depending on your server configuration.
- When finished, Safetica Management Console will be launched automatically.
Manual server installation
Use Manual installation when you have an existing Microsoft SQL server, or if the Automatic installation does not finish correctly.
Follow these steps if you selected Manual installation:
A) Install Safetica Management Service
- Click the SMS button, and then click Run installer to start the installation. This will install the server component and connect it to a new or existing SQL database.
- Follow the installation guide to configure the SQL connection (or install a new Microsoft SQL Express server) and finish the installation.
- When finished, return to the Safetica Setup window and click Back to return to the component selection.
B) Install Safetica Management Console
- Click the SMC button, and then click Run installer to start the installation.
- Follow the wizard to install Safetica Console.
- When finished, return to the Safetica Setup window and close it.
C) Install WebSafetica
Follow this article for further instructions.