Search for files that match a selected data category.
Information in this article applies to Safetica 10 or older.
Find out what sensitive content is hiding in files stored in selected folders on endpoints and in network shares.
Data discovery can only be used with sensitive data categories and data categories based on existing classification.
In this article, you will learn:
How to set up a discovery task
To start searching for files that match a particular data category:
1. Go to Protection > Data categories > Settings view.
2. Choose a sensitive data category or a data category based on existing classification from the list on the left.
3. Click Set up and run discovery task.
4. In Basic information, enter the name of the task and add users, computers, or groups for which you want to perform the search.
5. In Rule settings, specify which files and folders will be searched for sensitive content.
You have two options:
- Custom paths – scan entered paths for sensitive data. Only files located in the specified folders and all their sub-folders will be searched.
- All local drives – simplifies data discovery, since you do not need to specify a path. All local drives detected on the chosen endpoint are scanned for sensitive data.
6. In Task repetition, you can set up the task to be run at regular intervals. You may specify for which computers and users they will repeat.
Files to which all parts of the rule apply will be returned. Not all parts of the rule need to be filled-in. It is sufficient to fill in at least one part. If a part is not filled-in, it will apply to all cases.
7. Click Finish to confirm the configuration.
8. Save by clicking .
Where to see the results of data discovery tasks
To learn where to find the results of data discovery tasks, click here.