This article is about Content, its prerequisites and common issues.
Supported Email clients:
- Sensitive content works in all supported email clients (MS Outlook, Outlook without MAPI add-in, Thunderbird and Ice Warp)
- There is one exception - If Outlook is without MAPI, then Sensitive content does not work with an Exchange account and most likely won't work with any account using a proprietary protocol (Kerio, Google MAPI, ...)
What we check:
- an e-mail body, an attachment and a subject of email
1) Safetica client installed.
2) IFilter technology installed.
Most common issue is that the ifilter technology is missing on the computer. This is not installed with Safetica, but it is installed with other software used on PC.
- DOC, XLS, PPT, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX extensions are usually installed with Microsoft Office (Libre Office does not install xlsx, pptx, docx, ...).
- TXT, RTF, etc. are usually built into Windows.
- PDF are sometimes not installed properly with Adobe Reader (64bit IFilter has its own installer), but it is installed with Foxit reader and so on.
- Other file formats are all the same, they are built into Windows or they are installed with development tools or production software.