Learn what Safetica features are available for macOS
Compared to Safetica for Windows, the macOS feature set is limited to:
- Application audit
- Website audit (supported browsers: Safari, Google Chrome)
- Device audit (supported type: USB Mass Storage)
- File audit (recorded operations: Create, Rename, Copy, Move (recorded as Rename), Delete, Open, IM sent, Web download, Web upload)
Individual features can be Enabled/Disabled in Discovery > Functions settings.
While all features are shown in Functions settings, only those mentioned above work for macOS.
Sensitive content classification and detection
- Safetica for macOS can only classify and detect sensitive content in outgoing files. Data discovery (i.e. searching for sensitive content in stored files) is not supported.
- In DLP policies, just the Log only mode is supported. The results of sensitive content detection can be found in DLP logs. The Log and notify and Log and block modes will be supported in the near future.
- Supported file formats: .txt,.xml,.html,.htm,.rtf,.zip,.xps,.csv,.pdf,.doc,.docx,.docm,.xls,.xlsx,.xlsm,.ppt,.pptx,.pptm,.pps,.ppsx,.ppsm,.msg,.eml,.one,.odt,.ods,.odp,.md,.epub
- Supported formats for OCR: .png,.tiff,.tif,.jpg,.jpeg,.jpe
- Supported destinations for sensitive content detection in outgoing files:
External devices (USB Mass Storage)
Instant messaging clients (MS Teams, WhatsUp, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Skype)
Web upload (Safari, Chrome)
Cloud drive (iCloud, Google drive, DropBox, OneDrive)
Protection > Device Control
- USB Mass Storage (with support for zones)
- Automatic update of Safetica Client and Safetica Agent
- Safetica Client deactivation (only full deactivation)
- Safetica Client and Safetica Agent uninstallation
- Debug information collection
- Server redirection
- Local management
- Safetica processes and folders are protected