Learn how to create, import, and renew Apple MDM Certificates.
Available in Safetica 9.9 and newer.
To manage iOS devices in Safetica, you must acquire an Apple MDM Certificate. It is necessary to secure communication between the Safetica application Server and the Apple Push Notification service (APNs) when sending push notifications.
The signed Apple MDM Certificate is valid for one year only. When the certificate is about to expire, you must renew it and import the renewed certificate into WebSafetica.
In this article, you will learn how to:
Create Apple ID
If you already have an Apple ID, please skip this step.
Otherwise, visit https://appleid.apple.com/account and create your Apple ID.
Create a new Apple MDM Certificate
To create a new Apple MDM Certificate:
- Open WebSafetica > Management > General > Safetica mobile settings > Apple MDM Certificate > Configure and download a certificate signing request.
The file MDM_Safetica_technologies.csr will be downloaded.
- Visit the Apple Push Certificates Portal by clicking the Apple portal link (or access the link directly at identity.apple.com/pushcert) and log in with your Apple ID.
- After logging in, click the Create a Certificate button.
- Click the Choose file button and select the previously generated MDM_Safetica_technologies.csr. Afterwards, click Upload.
- After you upload the file, you will be able to download a certificate, which will be saved as MDM_ Safetica Technologies s.r.o_Certificate.pem.
Import an Apple MDM Certificate
To import an Apple MDM Certificate:
- Go back to WebSafetica > Management > General > Safetica mobile settings > Apple MDM Certificate > Configure.
- Click Select files to upload the MDM_ Safetica Technologies s.r.o_Certificate.pem.
- Click Save.
After the certificate is correctly uploaded, its status will change. Its expiration date will appear as well.
Renew an Apple MDM Certificate
The signed certificate is valid only for one year. Before the certificate expires, you should renew it. Otherwise, you will not be able to enroll iOS devices.
- Open WebSafetica > Management > General > Safetica mobile settings > Apple MDM Certificate > Renew.
- After logging into the Apple Push Certificates Portal, you need to find the previously created certificate in the list.
- Click the Renew button.
- All the next steps are the same as for creating and importing a new Apple MDM Certificate.