Setting up exception in Supervisor - Web control
Posted by Michael Skoupý, Last modified by Štěpán Horký on 11 June 2019 01:36 PM
Notice: Starting in Safetica 8.3, you can choose to manage Application Control and Web Control from WebSafetica instead of Safetica Console. The new design was prepared in close cooperation with our customers and gives you better control of what rules are applied to which departments or stations. For more information please follow link WebSafetica - Websites & Applications policies
Requirements: Safetica 7.5.81 and above.
1) We need to set up a new web category, which will contain a website which we want to allow for specific users. This category should be named according to your website for better clarity, for example: category_facebook.
Now category can be created in Maintenance -> Categories -> Web categories -> Browse database -> Add category. Next insert the domain facebook.com into the newly created category.
2) In SMC - Supervisor - Web control v SMC - Supervisor, set up the following for root of the user tree:
- Main setting - default action : Enabled
- Main settings -> Add rule -> Category -> Add "category_facebook" and set the rule on Denied.
3) In SMC - Supervisor - Web control v SMC - Supervisor, set up the following for user tree:
- Main setting - default action : Inherit
- Main settings -> Add rule -> Category -> Add "category_facebook" and set the rule on Allowed.
4) In SMC -> Maintenance -> Categories -> Categories -> Clear local cache.