If you are using Active Directory, you can bulk install the downloader agent using a Group Policy. To use the bulk installation, it is necessary to extract the relevant MSI package of the downloader agent component from the universal package.
The installation will be described on an example of installation using the Group Policy in Windows Server 2016. Described names and some steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the server system.
- 1. Save the installation package (Safetica Installer) on a shared disk or shared directory in the corporate network and set access rights (read and run will be sufficient) to this folder for the desired group (probably default - Domain Users and Domain Computers).
- 2. Go to Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management (Start -> Run -> type gpmc.msc -> press OK)
- 3. Right-click the organizational unit to which you want to deploy the downloader agent and select Create a GPO in this domain and link it here ...
- 4. Give an arbitrary name to the new object (for example, Safetica Deployment).
- 5. Select your newly created group policy and right-click to select Edit.
- 6. In the window that opens, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Software Settings and click on Software installation.
- 7. Right-click on the window with a list of software and select New Item -> Package ...
- 8. In the MSI package selection dialog box, navigate to the shared network folder where you copied the MSI package with the downloader agent, and select it.
- 9. In the next dialog window, select Assigned and confirm.
- 10. Next, open Computer Setup -> Management Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Installer. There, you should find the item Always install with elevated privileges and set it to Enabled. This ensures that the downloader agent will be installed on end workstations properly and without problems.
- 11. After rebooting client computers for which the policy was created, the downloader agent will automatically install. To enforce policy updates, enter the gpupdate /force command on a client workstation.
- 12. Policy configuration is completed and the distribution of the downloader agent is ready now. When the client computers are started, the downloader agent installs.