How to generate appropriate output from the Support Tool when application crashes
Posted by , Last modified by Štěpán Horký on 12 June 2019 03:07 PM
To generate appropriate output, the following steps are necessary:
- Enable advanced debug logs (How to enable Active management) and wait until the settings are applied on the client.
- Start the Safetica Support Tool.
- Click Create application issues report.
- Check only Application crashes option. If you know exactly which application it is, then check Focus on application of interest and select the application on the workstation using the open dialog.
- Click Run. At this moment the Support Tool will get ready to monitor crashing processes. This preparation can take an extended period of time. As soon as Recording appears in the window, everything is ready.
- Reproduce the application crash.
- After you have reproduced the crash, click Reproduced and the Support Tool will prepare the information collected on the crash. When completed, Finished will appear.
- Click the Report button.
- Describe the information of issue.
- Check Safetica debug logs and Application issues (with a specific date) and click Run.
- Output with a .sfx extension will be created.
- Upload the .sfx file to analysis.safetica.com and describe the issue.