This is a guide on how to configure a simple DLP rule in Safetica. Follow these steps to test DLP and learn the configuration workflow. You will need Safetica Console and at least one Safetica client.
- Create folder “C:\test”.
- Create new documents in this folder, or copy some of your existing documents. The files must be larger than 0 kb.
- Open Safetica Console.
- Go to DLP, and then select the PC or user in the user tree in the left part of the window.
- Go to Data categories - New data category. To set up a data category please refer to an articles:
- Click New rule and select Data or application category.
- Select a data category you had created in previous step
- Select an application category, to create a DLP policy for specific applications
- Click Next, and click on Select security policy – New security policy. Enter the name of new policy and click Next
- Here, you can select what restrictions do you want to apply to the files that are governed by this security policy. To test DLP, you can simply set External devices, Screenshots and Clipboard to Deny. Feel free to edit the Security Policy later from the DLP rules screen and discover what are the options and effects of each setting
- When done, click on Finish – OK and select the policy mode to Restrictive and then click
- You will see the new DLP rule in the list of rules. Click the checkmark icon in the upper right corner to apply settings.
Please allow ~10 minutes for the policy to be transferred to the client before testing the policy. If you followed the guide above, you can try to copy text from the document, take a screenshot or copy it to an external device. All these actions will be blocked and you will receive a Safetica pop-up informing you about the restriction.