How to set up data category based on context rules – file tagging
Posted by Maroš Kirňák, Last modified by Štěpán Horký on 11 June 2019 01:31 PM
- Open Safetica console and go to DLP - Data categories section
- Select data category to Context rules (expert), enter the name of data category then hit ok.
- Click on configure context rules
- Here you can find several options for file tagging based on various rules.
- Application rules allow you to set which applications or application categories will add tag to the output files.
- Web rules allow you to tag files downloaded from specified domains or web categories
- Path rules allow to tag the files within specified destination. Upon selecting a specific folder, all contents will be tagged automatically. All files further placed into this folder will receive tag automatically.
- Tag distribution rule allows you to ensure that when tagged file is opened by an application, all the outputs will be tagged with selected data category. This ensures that the tag is protected, even when there is no application rule.
- File content rules allow you to tag files which contain sensitive content
- Select a desired rule and click on Add
- You will be prompted to choose the name of the rule, select users/endpoints on which the file tagging rule should be ran. You can select also rule mode to testing or tagging. Testing mode does not apply tag right away, and serves more as a discovery task. Tagging mode ensures that the tags are applied on discovered files, so that there may be DLP rules applied further. Select desired configuration and click
- Depending on the rule type, you will be prompted to specify:
- Application rules – single application or application category, and extension of files outputted from the applications
- Web rules – Web addresses and extensions of the downloaded files
- Path rules – Path to a desired folder and extension of stored files
- Tag distribution rights – extensions of files, which will be processed by other applications
- File content rules – Path to a desired folder, extensions of stored files and definition of Sensitive content (please refer to this article)
- After defining desired rules click on Finish and your data category will be created