This list contains the main changes, improvements and bug fixes in Safetica 8.0 released on April 25, 2018.
- Channel Control: A brand new feature for restricting data flow and sensitive data transfers in outgoing communication channels: e-mail, web upload and instant messaging applications.
- More accurate detection of sensitive data: Improved accuracy of existing predefined algorithms and dictionaries, with four new regional and financial algorithms.
- Enhanced configuration of data detection: Regular expressions support matching of multiple words; improved user experience with input validation; expressions are not case sensitive any more.
- Compatibility with third party data classification: Ability to connect to existing file classification technologies based on document metadata.
- Connectivity to enterprise stack: Support for multiple active directories; connectivity to external active directory; enhanced SIEM support with reporting admin actions.
- Web console: All important events are highlighted on the dashboard; facelift of the user interface based on user experience testing.
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes:
- Support for integrated OneDrive and SharePoint connectors in desktop applications like MS Office or Adobe Reader
- More accurate detection of user actions in Windows 10
- Better user experience in Bitlocker device management and the DLP protocol sensitive data logs
- Detected conflicting hardware is listed in Safetica Console’s Integration settings and can be whitelisted
- System restore point is now created when installing or updating Safetica clients
- Fixed occasional bugs in DLP restrictions in Total Commander
- Improved compatibility with the latest versions of supported web browsers and cloud sync clients
- Productivity in the web console was moved under the new Behavior Analytics section
- Yandex browser was added to the list of supported web browsers
- Added new application category for crypto mining software
- Added new web category for web-based instant messaging applications
- Resolved minor compatibility issues with selected third party security software
- Russian localization
Changes and improvements in previous version Safetica 7.10:
- Sensitive data results in File tagging can be filtered or sorted by the amount of matches
- Various improvements of sensitive data detection and filtering file tagging logs
- Problematic hardware devices can be whitelisted for Safetica in Integration settings
- The Print Screen hotkey is only registered on client endpoints when needed
- Fixed download detection for the latest versions of Microsoft Edge
- Supervisor incidents for Applications, Webs and Print were added to the web console
- WebSafetica auto-detects ports in use and uses free ones
- Administrator password can be changed from the web console
- Mobile devices can be transferred between users in the web console