Information in this article applies to Safetica ONE 10 or older.
To generate appropriate output, the following steps are necessary:
- Enable advanced debug logs (How to enable Active management) and wait until the settings are applied to the client.
- Start the Safetica Support Tool application that is located in C:\Program Files\Safetica\Tools.
- Click Create application issues report.
- Check only Application hangs option. If you know exactly which application causes the problem, then check Focus on application of interest and select the application on the workstation using the open dialog.
- Click Run. At this moment the Support Tool will get ready to monitor crashing processes. This preparation can take an extended period of time. As soon as Recording appears in the window, everything is ready.
- Reproduce the application hang.
- Once the hang happens, make a few manual process dumps as described in the following article: How to create a process dump
- After reproducing the problem, click Reproduced and the Support Tool will prepare the information collected on the “not responding” application. When completed, Finished will appear.
- Click the Report button.
- Describe details of the issue.
- Check Safetica debug logs and Application issues (with a specific date) and click Run.
- Output with a .sfx extension will be created.
- Zip the .sfx file and the manual dumps, upload them to analysis.safetica.com, and describe the issue.